Every year as we gear up for wedding season, there is a palpable sense of excitement in the air - a newness and yet a familiarity; like a favorite dress that's been reintroduced to the rotation after spending a few months in the back of your closet. Given our experience in and enthusiasm of this season, we want to help you keep your own best interests at heart with these tips regarding floral design for your Big Day:
1) Your Big Day should be a reflection of you + your fiance.
1) Your Big Day should be a reflection of you + your fiance. No one else. As difficult as it may be to keep opinionated friends and relatives at bay, the day really is about the two of you and the design of it should reflect that. Trends are wonderful, but don't be afraid to let your personal style shine through. If you tend to be simplistic and like a clean, structured look, tell your florist! On the other hand, you may gravitate towards big blooms, lots of texture, and draping greenery...again, tell your florist! They should be willing and able to accommodate to make your day perfect! Sidenote: if they aren't willing...give us a call ;-)
2) Have a post-wedding plan for the flowers.
2) Have a post-wedding plan for the flowers. Oftentimes, brides don't consider what happens to their gorgeous flowers after the wedding. Our tip: don't let them go to waste! Ask a family member to bring extra vases to transport arrangements after the reception. If you don't want to keep any of your flowers, consider having them donated! There are a variety of organizations that will come to your reception, pick up the flowers, and then distribute them to patients at hospitals or nursing homes.
3) Preserve your bouquet.
3) Preserve your bouquet. Trust us, your wedding day will go by SO FAST! An easy way to keep a piece of it forever is to preserve your bouquet. Whether you choose to go the DIY route or have it done professionally, you'll love being able to treasure and remember such a beautiful part of your Big Day, forever.